Friday, January 28, 2005

Guitar acquisition syndrome and other ailments

I recently moved into a new house and collected all my musical instruments in one place for the first time. What a shock! I have a 31' x 26' basement studio, and it's now filled with 15 electric guitars, 5 acoustic guitars, 10 electric basses, 2 acoustic basses, 4 mandolins, a banjo, 4 Roland keyboards, a Vox organ, a Moog Rogue, a Fender Rhodes Piano Bass, a Novation Bass Station, and a piano accordion. I feel like a glutton owning all these instruments, but I can't bear to part with any of them. Highlights of my collection are a Gibson Les Paul Elegant, a Custom Shop 335, a Martin D-35, and a Parker Fly bass. I have a bunch of amps also, pride of place going to two custom-built tone monsters from Savage Audio, a Macht 12 and a Rohr 15.

No comments: